Home | Looking for something? Sign In | New here? Sign Up | Log out

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Are you the only one losing in Forex?

Thursday, February 7, 2008
Have you ever felt like you are the only one losing in the forex market? Everywhere I see, people giving out free forex signals, free forex strategies, and people replying how incredible the strategy/signal was and how many pips it made them. But when I start following the strategy/signal, it goes on a losing streak. Simply frustrating!

For a long while I thought there must be someone up the forex hierarchy watching my trading moves and making sure I lose my trades. Nothing seems to be going my way. Even when do I make a win, I'll be thrilled for about half a day, and then I have to lose it right back, and more.

Was the whole world conspiring against me? Why can't I be one of those that get to thank someone online for that wonderful strategy that has been constantly giving my pips day in and day out? Was there some kind of secret society I wasn't a part of?

It was affecting my self esteem. It felt like a personal attack, a personal failure. I know the expert advise is to not let your trades affect you emotionally, but it's hard to do so when you feel you're ALWAYS getting on the wrong side of the trade.

That was a rough patch I had to go through. I'd like to think I've survived it now. I've managed to keep my account afloat after 6 months of live trading, after coming very, very close to the bottom of my account.

When your mind starts being positive, positive things start happening. That's why I believe new traders should have small achievable targets. When you have many small wins and some small losses, rather than some big wins and many large losses, you tend to be more confident with yourself, and your trading. That realization alone, is the biggest factor, for how I've rescued my account from margin-call, from just a few dollars left.

0 comments: